Monday, January 6, 2014

Yeah Us!

Nothing really profound in this blog, just God shedding a new light on something I already knew and realized. Over Christmas break God really began to work on me about making my salvation and my relationship with Him personal...that this is something between me and Him. It is so easy to generalize salvation...Jesus died for us, our sins put Him on the cross, God wants us to have a relationship with Him. All these things are true, but if I only think in those general terms it takes a lot of responsibility of me. I am not solely responsible for Jesus' death, I solely am not in need of salvation, I personally do not have to build a relationship with Him. The truth is I myself and only me is responsible for all those things. God saved me, Jesus died for me, God wants a relationship with me regardless of anyone else. So I find myself in this new year once again taking steps to build up my relationship with God. As I was praying tonight, I thanked God for not giving up on me, especially when we've travelled down this road of spiritual improvement before and failed. As I was doing this, I began to think how I would react if I were God. I would look at me with a raised eyebrow, thinking 'is this for real this time' and 'we'll see how long this time lasts.' But that's not what God is thinking at all. He's thinking "yes, let's do this!"  and "yeah us, let's go" or in the words of my volleyball girls, "we've got this!" God doesn't look back at all the times I've tried and failed and use them as a standard for success, He looks at this new determination as if it were the first time and sees success. This thought gave me a whole new appreciation for David saying God is for us...He is.
     As my prayer continued on into Tebow territory, God reminded me He felt this same way about my prayer commitment over Tebow. He still sees success in this commitment; He's not using past failures as the standard for success this time.
     There's just something about knowing God is for us...that He's in this with me 100% with no memory of past failures...that He is probably in heaven cheering, "Yeah, Us!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment