Monday, June 10, 2013

Why You Don't Walk Away

As I mentioned in my last post, these past several months have been a very trying time in my walk with God. There was a time not so very long ago that I wanted to give up and quit, not just this prayer, but my whole Christian walk. It was just so hard and so painful and it really didn't feel as if God even cared.
     I shared in that blog also about God's faithfulness to us, well, really to me specifically, and how it escapes me that He would still want me and still want to answer this request even though I wanted to quit on Him. It has been a day by day process of learning to let go of things I do not understand. It has been a day by day process of learning to be completely honest with God and hold nothing back from Him. It has been a trying time of realizing that for so long I have tried to live for Him on my own; a time of learning to step back, realize how dependent on Him I am and how there are just some things that only He can do. It has been a time of almost hour by hour realizing there is a point to and reason for sticking with God and today an answered prayer helped me to see that God still wants me and He is listening to my prayers.
     Now, before you get your hopes up...no Tebow is not coming to visit, yet. However, since January, when rumors began circulating about New York letting him go, my students and I have been praying for God to open doors for him on another team. As the draft came and went and the Jets were unable to trade him, things didn't look so good for his NFL career. He was waived and no team seem interested. A few offers from arena leagues were made, but no NFL ones. The kids and I continued to pray for God to open a door for him somewhere and nothing happened. As summer set in, a rumor leaked from Tebow's camp that even they were beginning to think his NFL days were over. Just this morning, I prayed for God to open a door for him if He wasn't through in the NFL and that if his time was over, that he would have the grace and courage to follow where God led him. Not  half an hour later, on MSN it was speculated that New England had signed him. By this afternoon, it was a fact, Tebow was signed and will be on New England's roster next season. (and all I can say about that is at least he didn't wind up on the Raiders!!!)
     When I saw that article this afternoon, it was as if God was saying, "See, aren't you glad you didn't walk away? I am still listening and I am still working on this, keep on." So for today, in this moment I am very relieved and very encouraged and very glad that I did not just walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment