Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Week of Awesomeness (and It's Only Wednesday)

"Call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

There is a song set to this verse and for the last few minutes it has been running through my head. As I was typing out this verse to begin this blog, I noticed that this verse contains a promise to answer the prayer, a promise to do amazing things, a promise of things that we've not witnessed, but it does not promise a specific time frame for the answer. God may answer the request immediately or He may wait for a short time or He may wait for a very long time, but the verse does promise He'll answer. I know that God is waiting to answer our meeting Tebow, but I am glad that in the waiting, He does answer some of the other things we bring to Him on behalf of this request.
     This week God really convicted me about not sticking to the time I set aside long ago to pray over this request, so I determined to get back on schedule and meet with Him at our appointed time. This was Monday. Immediately on Tuesday there were three different articles on Tebow posted on MSN, each one containing specific information I had requested of God. Then, even better, as I was posting the news of an article, I accidentally tagged someone who was not a part of our prayer group. I apologized to her because she probably had no clue what it meant and told her if she wanted to find out and begin praying with us, she could. She commented back she was interested. After much annoyance with Face Book, I was able to give her a skeleton sketch of what the posts and this journey meant. She whole heartedly jumped in and has committed to praying with us and may even be able to manage to meet with us on Fridays at school. A few minutes ago, she texted that she had read the most recent blog and was excited to be a part of this and to see all that God has done.
     Now, what I didn't mention was that in one of my prayers this week, I asked God to bring any one and every one He wanted into this group and He used an accidental mis-tagging of a person to bring her in. That's pretty great and that's pretty mighty if you ask me.
     Yes, it has been a week of awesomeness. It is amazing to see God draw near to this as I draw near to Him through this and may the awesomeness of our God continue on.

p.s. Sasha, I couldn't be more thrilled that God brought you into this, especially at this time. You're enthusiasm for this and excitement are just what these kids, especially the original 7 teen members, need right now. God's timing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment