Monday, January 21, 2013

Why Didn't I Think of That?!

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think..."
                                                                                                                                          Ephesians 3:20

Let me begin this post off with a disclaimer. At this point, I have NO idea what direction God is leading in what I am about to share. It APPEARS He is leading in a certain direction and it's definitely the direction we are praying, but God's plan may not be ours.

There are things in this journey that I have asked God for. Things, that when I share them with people, make their eyes pop and head shake in doubt...and that's okay because as I figure it, the worse God can do is say no.
     One of the things I have regularly asked God for is that Stephanie and her family be with us when we meet Tebow. I have discussed many ways that God could allow that to happen. I've mentioned them winning a trip to Hawaii, I've brought up someone out of the blue offering to pay for a trip for them to Hawaii. I've even asked God to burden Tebow's heart to bring them himself. When Tebow went to New York, I began to pray that we would get to meet him somewhere in between us and New York, a place that would allow Stephanie and her family to travel to be there. Recently, I have begun to pray that God would somehow work out a way for us to meet him in Chicago, that way Steph and her family wouldn't have to go to any expense to be part of God's answering. Not once in all my praying did it occur to me that God could take Tebow to the Bears. Not once, in all the news surrounding what would happen to him in the very likely event he is released by the Jets, did it occur to me that he would wind up a Chicago Bear...even though I was praying for our meeting to take place in Chicago. But it seems that it DID occur to God.
     Last week I got a text from Steph saying that rumors were beginning in Chicago of the possibility of the Bears new head coach bringing in Tebow. The next day, she posted a link on my Face Book page to an article in the Chicago news about that possibility.  This is one of those things that makes me shake my head and ask, "why did I not EVER think of that?" It seems so simple and yet, it never entered my mind as a way to pray for God to answer.
     Several months ago I had come across the verse in Ephesians quoted above. At that time, God pointed out to me that He could do so much more than I was asking for, He could dream so much bigger in this than I could and I began to pray that the Holy Spirit would add to my prayers all that I wasn't asking for and all that I didn't even know to be asking for.  Today, I see that verse as a reality because, apparently, He's doing just that. I surely never asked God to open the doors for Tebow to go to Chicago, and yet, there seems to be that possibility. That HAS to be because the Holy Spirit did know to ask that and was asking on my behalf, simply because I asked Him to do so.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment