Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have truly enjoyed chronicling this amazing journey...GREAT idea, Stephanie. I love to go back, especially to the earlier ones and remind myself of all God has done in this prayer. I also like to remind myself of the lessons learned along the way in hopes that for some at least, I don't have to re-learn them. I love sharing the things God has shown. I love how much my prayer life as evolved as a result of this. I love being able to see the pretty amazing ways God has come through on many of my prayers.
     The blogs I most love re-reading, and writing, are the ones the tell of the utterly amazing things God does in and through this prayer...and I would have to say, this blog ranks up there with some of my favorite moments. Recently, I have begun to pray that each day God creates a specific circumstance in which He burdens Tebow with a desire to meet my kids. I have asked for things like God giving him an unexpected amount of free time during the day and in that time, He work on Tebow's heart over this request. I have asked that in the quiet times during his day, the times he is all alone, that God heavily burden his heart to pray over this. I've never asked God for a sign or indication in any way as confirmation, so I have to trust that God is doing this. Last night, as I was praying, I wasn't sure what to ask God allow to happen to draw Tebow's attention to this request. So, I asked God what to ask for. He then put it in my heart to ask that someone come to Tebow and tell him that they wanted to pray with him, that they felt there was something God wanted Tebow to do. At first, I thought, okay God, is this real? I then asked God if He would be gracious enough to put an article on MSN if and only if this particular prayer was answered today. It then occurred to me that by the time I get up, Tebow is half way through his day (he's five time zones ahead of me, I'm not that lazy :]) and God may have already answered it. So I promised God I wouldn't check my MSN page until 6:45, right before I leave for work. So, promptly at 6:45 I get onto MSN. Now, I do have to admit, I was a little fearful; afraid, maybe an article wouldn't be there. I comforted myself with the idea that God didn't have to answer right then, He could answer at any time during the day.
     I am so glad God is SO gracious and merciful to me because, first thing this morning, as I slowly scrolled down all the headlines, under the sports section, there it was...my Tebow article! Now of course, Satan jumped in with, "it's virtually the same article as yesterday, basically all they did was add a video", and I almost bought it. Then I realized, God would have caused it to be taken down if He hadn't already brought that person to pray with Tebow. As a matter of fact, when I got to school and checked again, the article was gone. Isn't God absolutely amazing?! If ever I needed proof that God hears prayer and will answer even very specific ones, this is it.
    So first, Stephanie heard via several texts, then my homeroom heard and my Algebra II class heard as well and now you too have heard what an amazing and powerful and caring and gracious God we serve. Can't say thank You or praise You enough so as you lift up this prayer, add your praise and thanks to this, because God is working in some pretty direct and spectacular ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment