Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Just When I Need Him

I know I've said this in many posts, and have written many posts about it, but it's always true...God is amazing and good and gracious and caring and...
     Monday I was having difficulty praying. I didn't know what to pray or even how to pray, it was very frustrating. I finally asked God to just show Himself somehow, some way in this prayer and left it at that. The next morning I took my homeroom to drop off their shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. As I climbed into the van, one of my girls very excitedly told me she had a story to tell me on the way. A few weeks ago, I mentioned in a blog that two of my current sophomores were praying over whether or not God would have them join us. This was one of those girls. She told me she had specifically been praying over the weekend for God to show her what He would have her do. I don't remember the verse she mentioned, but God made it very clear to her through that verse He wanted her to become a part of this. She then asked God for confirmation just so she could be sure and God gave her what she asked for and needed. So we have one more person joining us in UNINTIMIDATED as well as praying that my original seven sophomores get to meet Tebow. God definitely showed Himself to still be in this prayer...He brought one more into the fight.
    THEN, last night I asked God what it was I needed to be specifically praying over for Tebow. My prayers were beginning to feel repetitious and unproductive. Today there was an article on MSN about him. It was a rather sad article as several of his teammates ripped into him over being a bad quarterback. Tebow was rather amazing in his response. He mentioned it hurt but he could only control his actions, his attitude and his work ethics not anyone else's.
     It is amazing to me how fast God answered my prayer. Tebow and the Jets organization need a lot of prayer right now and God knew that. God is indeed amazing and good and gracious and caring and...just at the right time, just at the time I need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment