Saturday, November 3, 2012

For Such A Time As This?

Numerous times in this journey I have asked God what it is He wants to accomplish, why did He ask me to to take this on. Some days, curiosity overwhelms me and I am dieing to know. Other days, it outright annoys and frustrates me that He hasn't revealed it. Other days, when I am struggling to to keep believing, it makes me want to quit. There are many things I have seen happen along the way. I personally, have grown a lot during this and I have seen my kids take some rather big steps in faith, prayer and learning to trust God's timing as well as His promises. Perhaps these all were reasons God said to ask, I don't really know. Perhaps there is one person who will come to know Him as Saviour and this is the only way that will happen, again, I don't know. Or perhaps, God is looking to start a revolution with our teens.
     On Wednesday nights, our youth director has been showing a mini-movie put out by Eric Capaci's ministry. The main character wants to be a revolutionary for God. He wants to start a Christian revolution in his church and home town, do something big for God, make an impact for eternity. Our youth director has followed the movie up with a series challenging the teens to become revolutionaries themselves. To allow God to use them in big ways and not be intimidated by the fact they are teens. Hmmmm....sounds awfully familiar....sounds like something I pray so often for these kids. "God, show them how big you are. Show them you can do something huge through them if they'll just let you. Let them change our school and their youth groups. Show them and others how powerful prayer can be." These are exact words I have prayed hundreds of times in this prayer, and now their Bible teacher and youth director is saying the same thing. Coincidence or the Holy Spirit? I say Holy Spirit.
     I don't know that this is THE reason God challenged me way back in January. I do know, however, He knew back in January that, in October, their Bible teacher, and for a few, their youth director was going to show this movie, that he was going to challenge them to do something big, make an impact for eternity. Perhaps God was just paving the way, giving them a cause to invest in so that when they were challenged, they were ready and willing to step up and become revolutionaries for God. Perhaps God's challenge back then was for such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment