Thursday, November 15, 2012

In The Meantime

For me at least, in a prayer journey this big and this long, it is easy to get tunnel vision. By that I mean, I have become obsessed with this prayer again. It consumes my prayer time. This may not seem like a problem to you, but God pointed out to me tonight that it actually is.
     I pray often for God to show me the things He wants me to do so that He can answer this. I also ask Him if there are things I am doing that don't fit His plan to show me those as well. Tonight He pointed out that I am becoming so focused on this prayer that I am neglecting real prayer for the other people and situations in my life. While Tim Tebow certainly needs prayer, he's not the only person I know who needs continuous prayer support. He also reminded me that He expects me to be faithful to all the other things He commanded me to do. I need to be faithful to my Sunday School class, to remember that as a Christian school teacher, I am making an impact for eternity, that my time set aside for soul-winning is fulfilled each week. In other words, I need to keep serving Him while I am waiting for an answer from Him.
     My sister has a basset hound named Molly. Molly occasionally gets very fixated on the kitchen floor. She will sit in the kitchen and with one paw relentlessly dig at the linoleum. She'll then switch paws and do the same thing until someone calls her name or taps her on the head. She gets very focused on what she's doing and forgets what's going on around her. Tonight, God had to tap me on the head and remind me that I have another prayer list and it's being neglected. He also reminded me with that tap that yes, keep praying for an answer, but in the meantime, be sure to keep serving Him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment